Monday 8 August 2011

V for Vendetta.....The Theatrical Play!

Aaaahhh the pin drop silence when the lights go down and you wait for the curtains to be lifted so that you can discover wonders of stage.....I am totally a theatrical plays' lover. Whenever i can get the opportunity to be at a play, I jump at the opportunity instantly, no matter how much the ticket is for....

Aleem playing the role of chancellor 



A good play leaves a refreshing impact on you. During the play, you feel as if you are part of the play, you either become a character in your mind or you just view it as if you are closely related to it. That is how bad my craze is at least.

So this time around, when I found out that a play was being held based on the movie V for Vendetta, which I admire, I grabbed the tickets as soon as possible. The play was directed by Mustafa Changazi and Malika Rangoonwala. It was held at Rangoonwala Trust Auditorium, Karachi, from 29 July, 2011 to 31 July, 2011.



V and Evey's first encounter

Add caption


A good play leaves a refreshing impact on you. During the play, you feel as if you are part of the play, you either become a character in your mind or you just view it as if you are closely related to it. That is how bad my craze is at least.

So this time around, when I found out that a play was being held based on the movie V for Vendetta, which I admire, I grabbed the tickets as soon as possible. The play was directed by Mustafa Changazi and Malika Rangoonwala. It was held at Rangoonwala Trust Auditorium, Karachi, from 29 July, 2011 to 31 July, 2011.


The play was meant to address the issue that it is the government that should be afraid of the people, and not the people who should be afraid of the government. Such dialogues were applauded by the audience, being victims of something close.

The actors put in a nice effort. However, I am sure they could have been better had they practiced wee bit more. Personally, I really liked the performance of Aleem (Chancellor), other than him and Mustafa Changazi (V) two no-body's performance was memorable. The role of Evey was played by Myra Merchant, who made a good effort as well.


In my opinion, the back drops and lighting should have been better. Plus, the management should have been better, the show started late, thus ended late as well. The break was a little longer than expected and the audience started cheering themselves up by making weird noises and by clapping after every 15-20 seconds when the curtains were drawn while the backdrops were changed.

I really appreciate the effort these people made and I am sure that with further practice and a little guidance from professionals, one day I will be buying tickets for as many of their shows as possible.
Curtain call......finally!!


Share your views about it if you have viewed it. Also, I would love to read from you about the post!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion is welcome and will be appreciated :)

During a tiring day, exactly what keeps me energetic?.....YOUR comments! Write anything and everything about the blog or post but please do NOT post rude comments

Happy and Peaceful Commenting!! :)